Main purpose of role & level in the business
As a Senior Software Engineer in Dawson Andrews, you’ll be responsible for developing high quality solutions. You’ll work as part of a team and report to the CTO. It’s a fast-paced environment, so it is important for you to make sound, reasoned decisions. As a key role within the team, you will also work closely with clients on a regular basis to agree technical designs (considering both functional and non-functional requirements), advising clients and managers on estimated effort, technical implications of user stories and user journeys.
You will continuously share knowledge and mentor the team around you. You’ll do this whilst learning about new technologies and approaches, with room to learn, develop and grow.
- 5+ years Java experience
- 2+ practical experience in Spring Boot
- Microservices Architecture
- Experience in 3 or more of the following:
- Automated acceptance testing / BDD / Cucumber
- Performance and scalability testing, e.g. JMeter
- Penetration testing knowledge / OWASP
- Kubernetes/Container orchestration platform experience
- Designing, creating and calling HTTP APIs
- SQL Databases, e.g. Postgres, MySQL, MariaDB
- Experience in using AWS services - 3+ of the following:
- EC2, RDS, S3, Route 53, Elastic search, EKS, Cloudwatch, Cloudfront.
- Works well in a team and with minimal supervision
- CI/CD pipelines setup and config
- Document-based / No-SQL databases
- The ELK stack
- Apache Kafka
- Spring Security and OAuth2 flows
- OpenAPI / Swagger
- Nginx setup and config
- Legacy Java technology - JSP, Tomcat, ant
- You have a ruthless attitude to figure it out and you’re not afraid of taking onus.
- You should always have an eye on the client’s ROI with an ability to focus on what will deliver them results over distractions.
- You should be passionate about building a career in digital products and developing your skills to perform alongside the best in the industry.
As an engineer at DA, you will:
- Work in a multi-functional agile team to architect and deliver software products with clients.
- Participate in discussions on features, technical design sessions, planning and retrospectives.
- Own the development of features from definition to deployment, prioritising your own sub-tasks and pulling in others as appropriate.
Help to ensure adequate test coverage, load testing and performance monitoring of your products.
We're Dawson Andrews, a digital product studio born in Belfast. We have worked with startups to billion dollar e-commerce companies, we specialise in driving commercial value through digital products and services. We’re a tight knit team, regularly laughing at each other, occasionally fighting fires together and building products we’re really proud of.